Advance placement program has Psychology as one of its subject which students can take. In fact, Psychology is one of the top five subjects being taken by students across United states. From the time Psychology was introduced into the AP program by College Board, the number of students opting for Psychology has increased year by year. Well, if you are on this page then certainly you opted for psychology or planning to choose psychology over other subjects.
Psychology is one of the shortest duration exam in the entire Advanced placement exam. Earlier it was physics C. There are number of multiple choice questions on different aspects of life such as learning, cognition, motion, emotion, behavior, personality, perception, sensation and other related topics. Overall, it’s not a rocket science yet we have to study it very carefully. If you don’t then the exam will really surprise you. The questions will seem easy but you generalized answers will go wrong. You need a study guide which can help you in understanding all the right things and concepts related to psychology.
Here is the list of best books on Advanced Placement Psychology Exam :
- Barron’s AP Psychology, 6th Edition by Allyson J. Weseley Ed.D. and Robert McEntarffer
- AP Psychology Crash Course (Advanced Placement (AP) Crash Course) by Larry Krieger
- Barron’s AP Psychology Flash Cards, 2nd Edition by Robert McEntarffer
- Cracking the AP Psychology Exam, 2014 Edition (College Test Preparation) by Princeton Review
- Kaplan AP Psychology 2014 (Kaplan Test Prep) by Chris Hakala
The chances of scoring a 4 or 5 is very much high in this exam. There are thousands of students scoring 4 or 5 score points. The exam consists of 2 parts namely :
- Section I : 100 Questions Time Allotted = 70 minutes
- Section 2 : 50 Minutes Free Response section
As there is no negative marking in the exam, you can easily score high marks by ticking the right ones. Don’t try to guess and then choose your answers. A single mark can make a lot of difference. There were 21.2% and 26.6% students who scored 5 & 4 respectively. It’s certainly a huge number compared to other subjects. Get the above study prep guides and start reading and prepare all the important topics. Don’t forget to solve previous year papers and questions. We will also be coming up with PDF study material soon. Stay tuned…