English language is the most favorite subject of thousands of high school students who take it as one of their Advance placement test subject. In 2013, English language test was given by the maximum number of students. The next subject which was close to English language was English literature. Probably because English language is the mother tongue and it’s quite easy to score marks in this subject compared to other subjects. Advance placement exams help you out in many ways. However you must understand the impact of taking an AP subject test during your high school.
Whether you give English language test or Calculus, it is very important to score 3 or above points. Getting below 3 is a total waste as no colleges accept or give any value to a score below 3. Many universities and colleges set their criteria at 4 or even 5 points. As Advance placement subject test allows you to prepare subjects of college level hence you need to show some dedication towards your study beside your extra curricular activities.
Here are some of the best prep books on English Language that you can refer :
- Barron’s AP English Language and Composition, 5th Edition by Ehrenhaft. George
- Cracking the AP English Language & Composition Exam, 2014 Edition (College Test Preparation) by Richard Hartzell
- Kaplan AP English Language & Composition 2015 (Kaplan Test Prep) by Denise Pivarnik-Nova
- Cracking the AP English Language & Composition Exam, 2015 Edition (College Test Preparation) by Princeton Review
- 5 Steps to a 5 500 AP English Language Questions to Know by Test Day (5 Steps to a 5 on the Advanced Placement… by Allyson Ambrose
While many of the students who are giving the exam for the first time may think that English Language test is quite easy then let me tell you it’s not. Only 55% of the students scored 3 or more in 2013 AP exam. Compared to other popular subject test, it’s quite low. The means score obtained in English language test is 2.77 If you don’t score above 3 then it’s no good.
If you want to get admission in your dream college then study hard and try to get 4 or 5 in every AP subject test that you give. Scoring a 4 or 5 also gives your college credits in many universities. You really don’t want to miss that thing. We will try to bring in some study material PDF for AP English language test along with previous papers for extra practice.